- READER REVIEWS
This venue is closed.
With muted sports games on the television hanging above the long wooden bar; a ladies' night and shooters on offer; and a menu of Latin-themed, ham-focused snacks, the Mambi Lounge doesn’t know whether it wants to be a Cuban sandwich shop, a frat hangout, or a sports bar. Sickly sweet sophomoric cocktails make a lager the safest choice here. If you’re ravenous and have no other options, the Cubano regular, one of the dozen or so Cuban sandwiches on the menu, will fill you up. Unless dredging up sour memories of school-cafeteria lunches is your idea of a good time, the empanadas should be avoided at all costs. The smartest decision is to eschew the food altogether, and drink your calories instead—then stumble out to Mee Noodle Shop & Grill across the street for Cantonese takeaway.Note
The kitchen closes at midnight.
Thu—Fri., 11 p.m.
Mon.—Sat., noon—9 p.m.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu