- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, noon-3pm and 5pm-10pm; Sat, 5pm-11pm; Sun, 2:30pm-8pm
Nearby Subway Stops
G at 21st St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Classic NY
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
Going to Manducatis (Latin for "you eat") is like going to a friend's house for dinner—except your friend is from Naples and really knows how to cook. And while the place may be known for its dining room, it feels more like one big living room, complete with lace curtains, houseplants aplenty, a wood-burning fireplace—and a fully stocked bar. Since 1977, this is where Vincenzo and Ida Cerbone have hosted the curators, sculptors, and painters from P.S. 1 Contemporary Art Center. Usually a place puts photos of its favorite (or famous) customers on the wall. But in the case of Manducatis, the reverse has happened: previously P.S. 1 exhibited eleven candids of Vincenzo and Ida surrounded by art types enjoying red wine and great food; the black-and-whites, taken by Howard Gross, date back to the late seventies, when the school building was getting made over while the Cerbones were renovating a German bar two blocks away. As Vincenzo puts it, "They were working in one mine and I was working in another."
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages