Sun-Wed, noon-11pm; Thu, noon-11:30pm; Fri-Sat, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
- Dine at the Bar
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
Canal St. to Astor Pl., Norfolk St. to Broadway
This venue is closed.
Mangiami—whose name urges “eat me”—woos with its good-natured cool. A brick archway separates the sliver of a wine bar and its magazine racks from the dining space. Wood chairs have subtle, zebralike stripes, and each tabletop gets a chalkboard detailing specials and a white tulip. Funk and electronica, kept low enough not to threaten conversation, are favorites of owner and former DJ Gianfranco Costa. He rotates the artwork, often selecting friends’ landscape photos or graffiti-covered canvases, and has steered the kitchen beyond his native Milan. Robust artisanal ingredients and simple garlic and basil seasonings show up in the panini and entrées. Creamy homemade pappardelle is so popular that Mangiami sometimes runs out. Seafood dishes, like charred lemon-flavored salmon and linguine with shrimp and arugula, achieve a light zestiness.Recommended Dishes
Mediterranean salad, $10; linguine with shrimp, $14.50; grilled salmon, $17.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl