- READER REVIEWS
Margaret Palca Bakes
This venue is closed.
Margaret Palca was baking rugalach and fruit tarts on Brooklyn’s Columbia Street before real-estate brokers started calling the up-and-coming neighborhood the Columbia Waterfront District. But despite the strip’s gradual gentrification, it has yet to attract the sort of foot traffic that neighboring Smith and Court Streets do (endless construction projects haven’t helped matters). That’s why Palca opened a café on Court, where she’s supplementing her cookies and muffins with a salad bar and pressing panini made with her puffy, focaccialike homemade rolls.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods