- READER REVIEWS
Margaret Palca Bakes
This venue is closed.
Margaret Palca was baking rugalach and fruit tarts on Brooklyn’s Columbia Street before real-estate brokers started calling the up-and-coming neighborhood the Columbia Waterfront District. But despite the strip’s gradual gentrification, it has yet to attract the sort of foot traffic that neighboring Smith and Court Streets do (endless construction projects haven’t helped matters). That’s why Palca opened a café on Court, where she’s supplementing her cookies and muffins with a salad bar and pressing panini made with her puffy, focaccialike homemade rolls.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu