Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 50th St.; N, Q, R at 49th St.
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Kids' Menu
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Transport your little ones to the Red Planet at this intergalactic Times Square favorite. The food—salmon, ribs, and calamari for adults, plus typical kid fare (hamburgers and chicken fingers)—is served by waitresses who frequently converse with aliens. There are dancing Martians, an arcade, and a gift shop as well.Extra
Reservations accepted only for groups of 20 or more.
If you don't like crowds and you don't like theme bars, finding a drink near Times Square can be excruciating. But if you do like kitschy corporate-constructed environments with weird soundtracks and gimmicky drink names, Mars 2112, a kind of b-movie sci-fi set, is the best of the lot. Once you get over the sight of mute aliens in rubber-and-spandex costumes, the fake red-rock terrain of Mars 2112 can be silly fun. The bar's "Mars-tinis" and "Cosmos-politans" are some of the best drink specials in Midtown. Chat up misguided tourists, or just sit alone dreaming that you're Han Solo.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu