Mary's Dairy and Chocolate Bar
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.; 1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Steve Rappaport has temporarily converted his Greenwich Village Original Leather shop into the equally weather-dependent Mary's Dairy, a mod ice-cream parlor that, with its campy vibe and T-shirts for sale, seems destined to expand into malls everywhere. Rappaport conceived the fictional Mary as "a Betty Crocker for our age, the Queen of Cream." She’s also a woman of extremes, hungry one day for super-premium flavors with 14 percent butterfat, riddled with mix-ins like Callebaut chocolate and pistachio halvah, and the next for Likity Lite, the store's fat-free soft serve.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu