- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Creative Singaporean fare is the aim at East Village restaurant Masak, though the emphasis should probably hew more toward turning out tasty food. Chili crab dip comes to the table dessert-sweet with warm fried mantou bread to scoop up the tooth-aching dip. Spicy rock shrimp may sound enticing but in practice come out tasting funky and poorly paired – grits and a quail egg don’t bridge the intended fusion gap between Southern American and Southeast Asian cuisines. If you have to choose an entrée, go for the oxtail noodles or Rendang burger…but you’re better off skipping those in favor of dessert and a few cocktails.Recommended Dishes
Oxtail noodles, $17
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More
- Two Men Indicted in Massive French Laundry Wine Robbery