- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Creative Singaporean fare is the aim at East Village restaurant Masak, though the emphasis should probably hew more toward turning out tasty food. Chili crab dip comes to the table dessert-sweet with warm fried mantou bread to scoop up the tooth-aching dip. Spicy rock shrimp may sound enticing but in practice come out tasting funky and poorly paired – grits and a quail egg don’t bridge the intended fusion gap between Southern American and Southeast Asian cuisines. If you have to choose an entrée, go for the oxtail noodles or Rendang burger…but you’re better off skipping those in favor of dessert and a few cocktails.Recommended Dishes
Oxtail noodles, $17
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s