- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Creative Singaporean fare is the aim at East Village restaurant Masak, though the emphasis should probably hew more toward turning out tasty food. Chili crab dip comes to the table dessert-sweet with warm fried mantou bread to scoop up the tooth-aching dip. Spicy rock shrimp may sound enticing but in practice come out tasting funky and poorly paired – grits and a quail egg don’t bridge the intended fusion gap between Southern American and Southeast Asian cuisines. If you have to choose an entrée, go for the oxtail noodles or Rendang burger…but you’re better off skipping those in favor of dessert and a few cocktails.Recommended Dishes
Oxtail noodles, $17
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears