- READER REVIEWS
Matamoros Puebla Taqueria y Grocery
This venue is closed.
Authentic Mexican is one of the few foods that New Yorkers often find lacking. This ramshackle deli might deliver satisfaction. Direct them toward the tiny kitchen at the rear, where there are a few rickety tables set up next to the soda coolers. The menu, printed entirely in Spanish, features burritos and quesadillas. The sloppy tacos, which use homemade tortillas and feature chunky chopped radishes and sprigs of cilantro, are a delicious, gourmet bargain.Recommended Dishes
Burritos, $5.50; quesadillas, $3; tacos, $2-$2.50
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?