Mon-Thu, 5:30pm-11pm; Fri, 5:30pm-11:30pm; Sat, 11:30am-11:30pm; Sun, 11:30am-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Houston St. to 20th St., Ave. D to Third Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
What do you get when a Tuscan chef marries a Mexican one? In the case of Matilda, a quirky Alphabet City restaurant, you get wood-burning-oven-baked focaccia with your guacamole, mozzarella and epazote in your quesadilla, and filet mignon alla Fiorentina in your tacos. Those fusion dishes and more, like the lasagna de tortillas and zucchini basil soup, are the Tusc-Mex handiwork of Maristella Innocenti and Esteban Molina, who met cooking at I Coppi. The chocolate-brown, pink-trimmed restaurant, more sleek than rustic, is named for the couple’s 3-year-old daughter, who happens to be the inspiration for her parents’ all-natural gelati and sorbetti, made with organic milk and sweetened with honey collected by a friend.
New York Magazine Reviews
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat ‚ÄčRight Now
- Caf√© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’