- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
1, A, C at 168th St.
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Given the bright floral shirts the staff wears and the thatch-roofed tiki bar décor that surrounds them, you may be surprised to learn that this Hawaiian-themed smoothie chain actually traces its roots back to Salt Lake City. There, in 1983, founders Jeff and Jill Summerhays started marketing their own line of healthy fruit drinks with a non-fat yogurt base because at the time, such options were scarce. Now, they sell their line of eight flavors (papaya, pina colada, strawberry) and twelve specialty blends at over 350 locations nationwide, often in stadiums and convention centers. As to the drinks, they can be fortified with one of five EAS nutritional supplements, such as Mass Factor, Lean Dynamx or Phosphagen HP which aim to build muscle, burn fat and provide an extra jolt respectively. In addition, the menu includes wraps, salads and sundry snacks, Naked food-juice and Piranha energy drinks. Maui Wowi also brews gourmet Kona coffee grown in Hawaii.Recommended Dishes
Strawberry smoothie, $3.99-$5.99; mocha banana smoothie, $3.99-$5.99
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu