Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Grand St. to 14th St., Ave. C to University Place
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
When the crowds and the wait for a table became unbearable at Second Avenue's jewel box-sized Frank, this offshoot serves similarly heaping portions of pasta and meat dishes to the East Village gentrified. While the pasta is inexpensive and often too piping hot to eat right away, stay away from the meat and fish specials, whose rather severe prices are never revealed until you get the bill—$22 for what?! And it's cash only. The outdoor patio provides seasonal relief in the steamy summer months— however, you can hear toilets flush in the tenements surrounding it, and someone's idea of quaint has been to rig a laundry line with hanging clothes over the dining area.Recommended Dishes
Rigatoni with eggplant and mozzarella, $14
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?