- READER REVIEWS
The Meatball Shop
Sun-Thu, 11:30am-midnight; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 23rd St.; 1 at 23rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
At first glance, the Chelsea location of The Meatball Shop looks and feels similar to the 60-seat Lower East Side and West Village spots, but underneath this space is "Underballs," a twenty-seat, first-come, first-served bar that offers the full menu (and it's also available to rent for private parties). Expect the usual meatball sliders, smashes, and mismatched ice-cream sandwiches, as well as specials like bratwurst balls, which are made of housemade sausage and paired with a beer-mustard sauce.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu