- READER REVIEWS
The Meatball Shop
Sun-Thu, 1pm-2am; Fri-Sat, noon-4am
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 23rd St.; 1 at 23rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Full Bar
The Meatball Shop's Chelsea location is the first New York outpost to have a full liquor license. At first glance, the restaurant looks and feels similar to the 60-seat Lower East Side and West Village spots, but underneath this space is "Underballs," a twenty-seat, first-come, first-served bar that will offer the full menu (and it's also available to rent for private parties). Expect the usual meatball sliders, smashes, and mismatched ice-cream sandwiches, as well as specials like bratwurst balls, which are made of housemade sausage and paired with a beer-mustard sauce.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat Right Now
- Café Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’