- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
- Late-Night Dining
- No Alcohol
4th St. to 18th St., Ave. C to Third Ave.
This venue is closed.
The friendly “Bangladeshi, Indian, & Pakistani” restaurant formerly known as Lazzat Diner hasn’t changed a thing but the sign outside. Around the clock, it dishes out cheap and tasty standards that don’t skimp on proteins, vegetables, or seasonings. The killer deal here is a $6.99 meat-platter special, which loads you up with two meat dishes, a vegetable selection, rice or bread, salad, and raita; the veg-only version checks out at $5.99. At these prices, don’t expect ambience. The dour dining room, with ramshackle diner chairs, slightly sticky tables, and two ceiling fans, does not encourage lingering. But if you’re craving toothsome tandoori chicken or goat karahi, you could probably cab it here and back, dinner in hand, for less than the cost of another Sichuan delivery. Since this place is a favorite among cab drivers, you won’t have trouble finding a ride.Recommended Dishes
Tandoori chicken, $4; meat-platter special, $6.99; goat karahi, $6
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu