Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; 4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Two years after its Tribeca debut, Megu opened a second Manhattan outpost, this one discreetly ensconced on the ground floor of the Darth Vaderesque Trump World Tower. Though smaller than its downtown counterpart, this location is similarly dramatic, with a Swarovski-black-crystal chandelier, an enormous tiger mural, and eight lampshade-shaped fixtures lit from within and embellished with the owners’ family crests. Megu is known to fetishize ingredients, and continues the practice here: Diners are invited to choose their meticulously sourced meat and fish from tableside gueridons for the seven-course tasting menu. Devotees will find all their favorites, like a Kobe-style carpaccio with basil. In deference to the smaller scale, though, the ice-sculpture centerpiece has become more of a Buddha bust.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat Right Now
- Café Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’