- READER REVIEWS
Mel's Burger Bar
Mon-Wed, 11:30am-11pm; Thu-Fri, 11:30am-midnight; Sat, 10am-midnight; Sun, 10am-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Cathedral Pkwy./110th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
96th St. to 120th St., Park Ave. to Riverside Dr.
Mel's Burgers' owners might just want to rethink the “Buy ’Em by the Sack” tagline — we’re pretty sure it’s already taken by White Castle? (Actually, one source says Hamburger Inn coined the phrase.) Anyway, we’ll leave all that to the burger historians and trademark lawyers and share some new details: The consulting chef and burgermeister is David Leone; there are no fewer than eight flat-screen televisions; and if they don’t give off enough light, there’s an illuminated Mel’s sign standing six-feet tall.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu