Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Bleecker St.; B, D, F, M at Broadway-Lafayette St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Wine List
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Mercat means market in Catalan, the language spoken in the Spanish region that inspired this restaurant and tapas lounge in Noho. Owner Jaime Reixach is a native of Catalonia’s capital city, Barcelona, and he's enlisted two American co-chefs who’ve spent time cooking and eating there themselves (in between stints at Jean Georges, Casa Mono, and Bouley). The 90-seat space is equipped with an open kitchen, a ham-and-cheese station, and a basement tapas lounge, and the wine list is all-Spanish, with a selection of cavas, sherries, and seasonal sangrías. To supplement such familiar territory as tortilla español and patatas bravas, the menu offers regional specialties like fideua negra, or noodles cooked with cuttlefish and its own ink, and Catalan fish stew with haddock, mussels, shrimp, and lobster.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu