Nearby Subway Stops
N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.; 4, 5, 6 at 59th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Live Music
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Smoking Area
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
On any given night, this business casual bar/restaurant bustles with homogeneous young professionals unwinding after a hard day’s work. The food at Merchants NY tends toward the bland and conventional. Nothing on the expansive menu, saturated with large-portioned, generic items, stands out. French, Italian, American, and Japanese, the offerings at Merchant’s slide all over the map. A venue like this is best for corralling large, undiscriminating parties who are looking to drink and eat copiously. Space is available for private parties, and Merchant’s on the East Side (a licensed cigar bar) has an entire downstairs lounge dedicated to smokers.Brunch
Sat.Sun., 11:30 a.m.4 p.m.
- Scientists âPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu