Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Spring St. to 16th St., Sixth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Mexicana Mama is Mexican right where we want it to be: more authentically flavorful than the stuff served in the overabundant "California-style" burrito joints in the neighborhood, and much more healthy-tasting. Daily soups and seasonal vegetables (which also can be ordered as quesadilla and burrito fillings) are interesting. Not to be missed is the pork roasted with chiles.Note
Mexicana Mama serves wine, beer, and margaritas.Recommended Dishes
Chile-roasted pork tacos, $15; chile relleno, $14.50
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic