Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Spring St. to 16th St., Sixth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Mexicana Mama is Mexican right where we want it to be: more authentically flavorful than the stuff served in the overabundant "California-style" burrito joints in the neighborhood, and much more healthy-tasting. Daily soups and seasonal vegetables (which also can be ordered as quesadilla and burrito fillings) are interesting. Not to be missed is the pork roasted with chiles.Note
Mexicana Mama serves wine, beer, and margaritas.Recommended Dishes
Chile-roasted pork tacos, $15; chile relleno, $14.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu