Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
Christopher St. to 23rd St., Sixth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
If you're looking for the usual Mexican pleasures—guacamole, dangerous margarita variations, cheerful décor—but with upscale polish and an adventuresome menu, then Mi Cocina may be in your future. Mexican art adorns the bright yellow walls of this double-storefront space, and an interest in Mexico's regional cuisines informs the menu. From the Yucatan, there's cochinita pibil, shredded pork flavored with sour orange and served in banana leaves; or try the pato en mole verde, flavorful duck in a pumpkin-seed sauce.Recommended Dishes
Empanaditas de picadillo (turnovers stuffed with beef, raisins, and onion), $8.95; guacamole, $11.95; pato en mole verde (duck in pumpkin-seed sauce), $23.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu