- READER REVIEWS
Mia Chef Gelateria
Mon-Fri, 4:30pm-10:30pm; Sat-Sun, 12:30pm-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Great Desserts
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
An offshoot of Israeli gelato chain Aldo, Mia Chef Gelateria serves dessert in the former Tease space. The owner tells us “it’s the same” as Aldo, “but everything is made into American flavors”—meaning chocolate whiskey, Cap'n Crunch, and lemon-vodka cheesecake are among the many daily rotating varieties. (Guinness beer and crème brûlée are others.) There are also sorbets as well as "doppio zero" (sugar- and fat-free gelato), but perhaps most exciting are the “Mi Amore” cakes—variations on the hollow, cylindrical Hungarian “kutosh” pastry; their dough is made in-house and shaped on rolling pins. Dulce de leche, toffee, and hazelnut-chocolate varieties are baked to order.Note
Gelato-making classes, as well as baking classes, are offered at Mia Chef Gelateria for $120/person. Check website for schedule.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl