Nearby Subway Stops
F at 57th St.; N, Q, R at Fifth Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
50th St. to 67th St.; Park Ave. to Ninth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Despite the name, this Midtown joint is less a tribute to the slugging legend than a capitalist take on the run-of-the-mill sports bar. In addition to the requisite televisions, an ever-changing memorabilia collection hangs on the brightly lit walls in the hopes that an adoring collector will buy one of the pieces which might be anything from a $75 Bob Turley autographed baseball to a $4,500 hockey stick signed by Wayne Gretzky. Mantle’s number 7 appears as a subtle cut out on the blonde wood barstools and chairs as well as on the T-shirts worn by the servers and bartenders. A stylized mural depicting Yankee Stadium during Mantle’s 1950s heyday covers a large wall in the back dining room. Tourists and business travelers staying at the neighboring luxury hotels drink at the bar and nosh on an overpriced menu of generally standard bar fare: burgers, steaks, pasta and a small selection of low carb, low calorie “spring training” dishes.Extra
The central location and spacious, easily divided rooms with plenty of large screen televisions make this an easy place for a party or a group outing.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu