Sun-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
S. 5th St. to N. 14th St., Havemeyer St. to Kent Ave.
On a strip of Bedford Avenue already inundated by serviceable Asian restaurants, slick sushi spot Mizu (no relation to the Chelsea outpost of the same name) threw its takeout menu into the ring in late 2007. All the requisite, generic favorites are here from California to Rainbow though a few of the special rolls, like the Golden Salmon Roll, wrapped inside out and covered with shredded mango, help spice things up. If the fried offerings (tonkatsu, tempura) are meant to soothe a hangover after too many big beers in styrofoam cups, then the descriptive and moderately priced sake menu is meant to induce one; helpful categories (dry to sweet) and descriptions make it easy for novices to navigate the well-rounded list. The place is also quiet and the eight tables amply spaced, so you don’t feel like you are constantly chiming in on your neighbors’ conversation.Recommended Dishes
Mizu roll, $12
- Scientists âPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu