Moco Global Dining
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 33rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Notable Chef
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
14th St. to 57th St., FDR Dr. to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
The Murray Hill sushi bar formerly known as Maxie has undergone a quiet transformation, with the addition of a new management team, new menu, and boundary-breaking new chef. Joe Kurauchi trained in Japan, where he learned kaiseki technique, before embarking on a worldwide culinary tour, eating and cooking in 120 countries, by his count, and working in such far-flung kitchens as El Bulli, the Fat Duck, and Stella Maris in Paris. Moco’s modest environs belie a daringly eclectic menu, where “entremeses” like pan con tomate appear alongside Nagoya-style chicken wings, and a soup called “misostrone” combines white miso, tofu, eggplant, carrots, zucchini, and wakame with frothy red-miso espuma. There’s also a wide array of untraditional maki rolls, and panko-crusted ice-cream croquettes for dessert.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu