- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 50th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
With plush upholstered chairs, exposed brick walls, and bare wooden tables, Mocu Mocu is a cozy and casual Japanese café specializing in street food. Orders are placed at the front counter, and the menu is primarily broken up into “sets,” which range from $13 to $19 and work well as a light lunch or low-key dinner. In the classic bento-box style, they consist of soup, salad, pickled vegetables, and Mocu Mocu’s specialty, baked okonomiyaki (shredded vegetable pancakes), served with chicken or pork belly or shrimp. But the must-try is the takoyaki, fried octopus-filled balls of dough that are soft, airy, and a bit chewy, almost like a savory doughnut. Topped with teriyaki sauce, bonito flakes, and scallions, they make for an addictively satisfying late-night snack.Recommended Dishes
Hiroshimayaki-style okonomiyaki, $9; takoyaki, $8
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu