- READER REVIEWS
Momento Italian Bistro
Nearby Subway Stops
N, Q at 30th Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Live Music
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
36th Ave. To Ditmars Blvd., Vernon Blvd. to 51st St.
This venue is closed.
In trying to be all things to all Astorians, this Montenegrin-run Italian restaurant can feel a bit unfocused. At any given time you might find a lunch buffet, early-bird and happy-hour deals, live music, or reality TV blaring on a flat screen by the bar (which is, unfortunately, connected to the slate-floored dining room). At least most of the food is ample and tasty. A sausage appetizer, braised veal shank, and beef lasagna flaunt the high-quality meat you’d expect from owners who formerly ran a butcher shop and steakhouse here. But some dishes are as bewildering as the setting: A bright-red pasta e fagioli soup is flavored unsuccessfully with chipotle, and you could find better trattoria desserts in the freezer-aisle.Promotions
Various deals include a $6.95 weekday lunch buffet, a two-for-one happy hour, early-bid specials, and Website coupons.Recommended Dishes
Homemade sausages, $7; lasagna, $18; veal shank, $20
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu