The Monday Room
This venue is closed.
This former nook for art and homemade jam has been annexed by Public and transformed into something akin to Public Jr. Amid worn Oriental rugs, low black leather couches, and fussy gold stencils on high black walls, a dozen or so artsy girls in skinny jeans accompanied by their gay best friends indulge in wine flights and canapés to the strains of Chet Baker and the like. Thanks to an unusual selection of half-glasses and half-bottles, the Monday Room need not break your bank—unless you fall under the spell of endearingly shaggy wine steward Ruben Sanz Ramiro, who calls all female patrons “my lady” then theatrically presents each bottle as if you could read labels in the dark. Order an extra “little fella” Scotch egg appetizer, some smoked venison carpaccio, then surrender your credit card.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu