Daily, noon-3pm and 5pm-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Wine List
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
45th St. to 56th St., First Ave. to Sixth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
On the ever-expanding brasserie circuit, the formerly dreary midtown establishment Montparnasse was transformed by chef David Farraro into a kind of mecca for traditionalist Francophile devotees. Dip into the old-fashioned coq au vin, poured over mashed potatoes and bacon, or a proper serving of onglet, covered in red-wine-and-shallot sauce and buried in a golden tangle of salt-speckled frites, naturally.
Steak frites, $25; roasted duck breast, $25
New York Magazine Reviews
Best of New York Awards
Recipes at Montparnasse
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu