Mon, noon-10:30pm; Tue-Wed, noon-11pm; Thu, noon-11:30pm; Fri, noon-midnight; Sat, 11am-midnight; Sun, 11am-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
In 1762, a
monument honoring General James Wolfe, who died in the
pre-Revolutionary Battle of Quebec, was erected in the vicinity;
thereafter, the street was referred to as Monument Lane. The
Colonial-era reference extends to the woody décor, which repurposes
antique doors as tables and incorporates vintage prints and regional
maps, and to the menu, overseen by Steve Dustin. A “New
American tavern” theme is reflected in seasonal plates like breakfast radish with lemon-anchovy butter, Long Island baby squid, and country ham and farm eggs soup.
There is a chef tasting's menu for $52 per person (5 person minimum).
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GĂĽnter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama