Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Spring St. to W. 10th St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
This rumpled Thai takeout nook—with six linoleum tables crowned by a tin ceiling—surprises with more-than-respectable renditions of noodles and curries. The pad Thai is saved from mediocrity by chunks of wok-fried, pepper-flecked chicken; faux duck is a tangy ode to the remarkable variances of tofu. As for the plastic squirt bottle of molten-red Thai sriracha sauce on the table: “There’s spicy and very spicy,” says the waiter with a meaningful point. What he means is a drop or two is enough. Though Marakote Siam is a bit rough around the edges, it does reveal considerate touches such as plump red cushions on the nicked wooden chairs, and globe lights that cast a kind glow on the battered floors. Most do takeout anyway.Recommended Dishes
Phad Thai with chicken or vegetarian duck, $8.95; Massamun curry with chicken, $7.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu