- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
J, M, Z at Marcy Ave.; L at Bedford Ave.
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
This place has studied bistro touches: subway tile, oxblood-red banquettes, and wooden chairs, plus a garden that more than doubles seating, with a glass roof for cooler months. If only the menu were as charming as the space. Grilled squid had a nice lightly browned exterior and only needed a little bit of salt. However, a large steak au poivre was clearly a lesser cut of meat smothered in sauce, not worth $28, even if mashed potatoes on the side generated no complaints. A Cuban sandwich's overcooked contents featured one meat with an odd greenish tinge, and truffle fries on the side ($3 extra) lacked much truffliness. Even the rose was oversweet. Best to stick to happy hour in the garden (4 to 7 p.m. daily): dollar Malpeques are cool and fresh, and $3 beers are hard to mess up.Featured In
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu