Murray's Cheese Bar
Mon, 5pm-10pm; Tue, noon-10pm; Wed-Fri, noon-midnight; Sat, 11am-midnight; Sun, 11am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.; 1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Online Reservation
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Murray’s Cheese Bar, three doors down from the mothership, is a 56-seat, subway-tiled restaurant serving fromage in all its sharp and stinky forms under the direction of chef fromager Tia Keenan, whose work at Casellula helped pioneer the cheese-bar format. The Murray’s menu is divided into categories like Field (grilled radishes), Dairy (Buffalo Cheese Curds), and Farm (a rarebit cheddar burger, sauced tableside), with flights and à la carte cheeses also on offer.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu