- READER REVIEWS
Wed-Mon, 5pm-10pm; Tue, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
E, F at 75th Ave.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
A straight shot up Metropolitan Avenue from Trader Joe’s, My Kitchen is the rebirth of a popular Forest Hills restaurant from the ‘80s. The look is modern-Mediterranean, with round artisanal loaves and bottles of olive oil gracing the counter surrounding the small open cooking area. While some appetizers suffer from an identity crisis—fluffy smoked salmon mousse and cream cheese sandwiched between squares of dense bread feels more like a hefty breakfast canapé—entrees tend to fall into two camps: Pastas and proteins plated traditionally with starch and a vegetable. Boneless pork chops braised in red wine with thick potato wedges and tart slices of green apple avoid dullness with bright autumnal flavors and just-fatty-enough cutlets. The popular saffron-tinged paella, heavy on the shrimp and mussels, is a welcome diversion from steak and spaghetti. Though My Kitchen is open for dinner, its banquet hall is often used for events.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu