Nearby Subway Stops
G at Clinton-Washington Aves.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
Atlantic Ave. to Flushing Ave., Bedford Ave. to Flatbush Ave.
You can tell something’s amiss at this Fort Greene Thai restaurant as soon as you get your plate of pad see ew. To your table comes a plate bearing the familiar wide noodles tumbled with sweet soy sauce and bits of cooked eggs, but instead of slightly bitter Chinese broccoli, there’s a mélange of regular broccoli and carrots. Although this not-particularly Thai collection of vegetables adorns too many of the main dishes, Myrtle’s decent stir-fries and curries still provide a satisfying remedy for neighborhood’s shortage of Asian food options. The restaurant, with a hodgepodge of Thai tchotchkes hung on mint-green walls, even offers one unexpected delight: An excellent rendition of larb, a fiery, tangy salad of coarsely chopped pork, chicken, or beef laced with lime juice, fish sauce, fresh mint, and cilantro. Sure, at Myrtle white onions replace the preferable shallots, but with larb this good, it’s hard to complain.Recommended Dishes
Larb, $8; chicken with ginger and scallion sauce, $9
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu