Nearby Subway Stops
G at Clinton-Washington Aves.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
Atlantic Ave. to Flushing Ave., Bedford Ave. to Flatbush Ave.
You can tell something’s amiss at this Fort Greene Thai restaurant as soon as you get your plate of pad see ew. To your table comes a plate bearing the familiar wide noodles tumbled with sweet soy sauce and bits of cooked eggs, but instead of slightly bitter Chinese broccoli, there’s a mélange of regular broccoli and carrots. Although this not-particularly Thai collection of vegetables adorns too many of the main dishes, Myrtle’s decent stir-fries and curries still provide a satisfying remedy for neighborhood’s shortage of Asian food options. The restaurant, with a hodgepodge of Thai tchotchkes hung on mint-green walls, even offers one unexpected delight: An excellent rendition of larb, a fiery, tangy salad of coarsely chopped pork, chicken, or beef laced with lime juice, fish sauce, fresh mint, and cilantro. Sure, at Myrtle white onions replace the preferable shallots, but with larb this good, it’s hard to complain.Recommended Dishes
Larb, $8; chicken with ginger and scallion sauce, $9
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat Right Now
- Café Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’