Nearby Subway Stops
A, C at Chambers St.; 1, 2, 3 at Chambers St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
Vesey St. to Canal St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Neither shabby-cheap nor trendy-chic, Nam claims the sparsely populated Vietnamese-restaurant middle ground: understated Tribeca hip with handsome bamboo-and-wheatgrass décor and an appealing, affordable menu. Sample wonderful bo bia (soft rice-paper rolls filled with jícama, shrimp, and sweet sausage), luscious shrimp-chicken-and-bean-sprout-filled coconut crêpes, and street-food-inspired thit nuong cuon (lemongrass-beef-and-sesame rice-paper rolls), all lovingly prepared by a trio of talented Vietnamese cooks.Recommended Dishes
Rice-paper bo bia rolls, $7; steamed shrimp dumplings, $7
New York Magazine Reviews
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations