Nearby Subway Stops
A, C at Chambers St.; 1, 2, 3 at Chambers St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
Vesey St. to Canal St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Neither shabby-cheap nor trendy-chic, Nam claims the sparsely populated Vietnamese-restaurant middle ground: understated Tribeca hip with handsome bamboo-and-wheatgrass décor and an appealing, affordable menu. Sample wonderful bo bia (soft rice-paper rolls filled with jícama, shrimp, and sweet sausage), luscious shrimp-chicken-and-bean-sprout-filled coconut crêpes, and street-food-inspired thit nuong cuon (lemongrass-beef-and-sesame rice-paper rolls), all lovingly prepared by a trio of talented Vietnamese cooks.Recommended Dishes
Rice-paper bo bia rolls, $7; steamed shrimp dumplings, $7
New York Magazine Reviews
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu