Naya Mezze & Grill
Mon-Fri, noon-3pm and 5:30pm-10:30pm; Sat, 12:30pm-10:30pm; Sun, 12:30pm-9:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Online Reservation
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
46th St. to 66th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Thankfully not, as you might surmise, a modish Canadian-water bar, Naya is a contemporary Lebanese restaurant, with a sleek design and traditional menu that owner Hady Kfoury hopes to replicate at future franchise locations. Kfoury, a front-of-the-house veteran of Daniel and Payard, operates three restaurants in Beirut. That’s also the birthplace of his chef, Rafic Nehme, whose menu includes a $17 lunch prix fixe option: three mini meze (from a selection of tabbouleh, hummus, baba ghannouj, and more), and a choice of a gourmet sandwich. Should you wish to expand your Middle Eastern–cuisine horizons, however, opt for broiled striped bass with spicy tahini, walnuts, garlic, and cilantro, or pomegranate-sauced halloumi cheese—two dishes you’re unlikely to encounter at your neighborhood falafel shack.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations