Nespresso Boutique Bar
Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm; Sat-Sun, 9am-7pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 68th St.-Hunter College; F at Lexington Ave.-63rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
Nestlé subsidiary Nespresso has a slightly sci-fi way of describing its worldwide boutiques: “portals” through which the caffeine-addled public can venture to become, with any luck, loyal lifelong customers. North America’s first such portal has just opened on Madison Avenue, where espresso drinks are made from Nespresso’s twelve “Grand Crus,” each blend hermetically sealed in the company’s patented aluminum capsules. No matter where you stand on the pre-ground, pre-portioned coffee debate—it takes the human expertise out of espresso-pulling, or it eliminates the margin for error—Nespresso has wisely staked out its style-conscious retail territory. Beyond the café, which serves a light menu of pastries, salads, and sandwiches, the showroom is full of race-car-sleek machines designed to seduce the gadget-happy and modernize the fustiest Park Avenue kitchen.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu