- READER REVIEWS
New China Tung
Mon-Thu, 11am-10:30pm; Fri, 11am-11:30pm; noon-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
R at Union St.
- No Alcohol
- Make a Reservation with beyondmenu.com
9th St. to Flatbush Ave., Seventh Ave. to Fourth Ave.
The name of the game at New China Tung is cheap, quick takeout. And that’s exactly what’s offered, without frills, extras, or surprises. The menu covers the usual range of unremarkable but not unpleasant Cantonese and Hunan dishes. Standards like curried beef and chicken with black bean sauce are tasty enough, but steamed choices from the ‘diet’ side of the menu are limp and bland. In an odd juxtaposition, a handwritten sign boasts a selection of barely basic deli sandwiches (turkey, ham, or fish, all with cheese) and a dubious house-special appetizer, the pizza roll. Forget about eating in here. The small, square restaurant barely has room for its two plastic tables; both seating and standing room can be at a premium when several people line up to order.Recommended Dishes
Chicken with black bean sauce, $5.75-$9.75
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu