New Happy Taco
This venue is closed.
It's tough to beat a 99-cent taco, especially late at night after drinking one too many Coronas. Sober snackers, though, are a lot less likely to rush to New Happy Taco for its Asian-inflected Mexican fare. This no-frills take-out joint—with a few wooden chairs and tables, and red, yellow and green sconces screaming "Hey look, Ma! Tex-Mex!"—may cook up decent, slightly sweet tacos (encased in flour tortillas that are made fresh daily) but the rest of the menu, while undeniably dirt-cheap, is fairly uninspired. Burritos come packed with lackluster ingredients; enchiladas arrive minus the enchilada sauce; and the Mexican Pizza is simply Taco Bell 2.0.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu