New York Burger Co.
Mon-Sat, 11am-10:30pm; Sun, 11am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, M at 23rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
8th St. to 38th St., Fifth Ave. to 12th Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Neither practically virtuous like Better Burger nor unapologetically greasy-spoon like Burger Joint, New York Burger claims the middle ground in the city's burgeoning beef-patty wars. The menu's fancy but not too: beef, chicken, turkey, and veggie burgers come on brioche buns with homemade condiments, and fries are cooked in soybean oil. The mid-century decor harks back to a pre-Super Size Me time, when burgers were on the brink of becoming our national food.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu