- READER REVIEWS
New York Film Academy Café
This venue is closed.
Designed to serve as a student lounge for a new theater space at 51 Astor Place, The New York Film Academy Cafe is also open to those who don’t mind having to listen to the dude at the next table practicing his audition monologue. As cheesy as the hydraulic stools might seem, the good news is this: The beans are from Intelligentsia; the machine is a La Marzocco; the scones, croissants, and danishes are from Balthazar; the juice is fresh squeezed; and the outdoor terrace seating 80 people is currently open (with plans for the garden to host nightly open-mike sessions for writers and musicians). The menu will eventually expand to include grab-and-go sandwiches; and the café will pour till midnight.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu