Nicky's Vietnamese Sandwiches
This venue is closed.
Nicky's co-owner Teresa Dang learned the tricks of the banh mi trade at An Dong, her father's excellent Sunset Park sandwich shop. Here, she faithfully reproduces his classic: paté, ham, ground pork, pickled carrot, cucumbers, cilantro, jalapeno, and gobs of mayo on a baguette. Thanks to some unsolicited focus-group input from concerned passersby, a vegetarian portobello banh mi has made its way onto the menu, too.
Best of New York Awards
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s