Nicky's Vietnamese Sandwiches
This venue is closed.
Nicky's co-owner Teresa Dang learned the tricks of the banh mi trade at An Dong, her father's excellent Sunset Park sandwich shop. Here, she faithfully reproduces his classic: paté, ham, ground pork, pickled carrot, cucumbers, cilantro, jalapeno, and gobs of mayo on a baguette. Thanks to some unsolicited focus-group input from concerned passersby, a vegetarian portobello banh mi has made its way onto the menu, too.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu