Nicky's Vietnamese Sandwiches
This venue is closed.
Nicky's co-owner Teresa Dang learned the tricks of the banh mi trade at An Dong, her father's excellent Sunset Park sandwich shop. Here, she faithfully reproduces his classic: paté, ham, ground pork, pickled carrot, cucumbers, cilantro, jalapeno, and gobs of mayo on a baguette. Thanks to some unsolicited focus-group input from concerned passersby, a vegetarian portobello banh mi has made its way onto the menu, too.
Best of New York Awards
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More