- READER REVIEWS
Ninth Street Espresso
Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm; Sat; 8am-8pm; Sun, 9am-7pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.
- No Alcohol
The focus is squarely on the beans at Ninth Street Espresso, where framed burlap coffee sacks once hung on the walls. Clearly, coffee is considered an art form here. Created by and for those with a passion for all things caffeinated, this independent shop takes its guiding premise—offering top-notch artisanal roasts to purist coffee drinkers—seriously. Grab a seat at one of the wooden tables under the tin ceiling or with the smokers on a bench. In an age where coffeehouses often multitask as bakeries, sandwich shops, T-shirt purveyors, and even music-sellers, the clarity of purpose at Ninth Street Espresso is a respite for the senses.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu