Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 23rd St.; 1 at 18th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
14th St. to 24th St., Sixth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
The food may be Greek but the vibe is more South Beach eatery than Mediterranean fishing port as dance music pumps overhead in the bar while an attractive, youngish crowd of men sip fruity cocktails. That scene spills over into the dining room where the mood turns mellow—and more Grecian. Seafood and feta are the refrain on the broad menu, which includes traditional dishes like Kefalotyri cheese fried and flambéed in ouzo and loukaniko, grilled village sausage, and an array of shellfish-friendly pastas. There’s also whole grilled fish drizzled with olive oil and doused with lemon, or heartier, more contemporary preparations of rabbit, lamb, and steak. The catch of the day is displayed, with a scale, on ice. After you choose your cut, sit down and share the meze platter, which comes with warm pita and four dips: garlicky yogurt tzatziki; potato-and-garlic skordalia; chunky eggplant melitzanosalata; and pink, salty fish roe, taramosalata. If you want a little of everything, the Mediterranean kebab skewers salmon, tuna, swordfish, grilled onion, tomatoes, and red, green, and yellow peppers—and adds gigantic beans baked in a tomato-basil sauce on the side.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—4 p.m.Recommended Dishes
Shrimp Santorini, $13; meze platter, $10; baklava, $6
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears
- America Finally Realizing Subway’s Sandwiches Aren’t Very Good
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage