Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Teen Appeal
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Consider China 1 (formerly No. 1 Chinese) the East Village answer to Spice Market—with a side order of ironic nostalgia, in the form of fried wontons with homemade duck sauce. The creators must have had that Copacabana tracking shot from GoodFellas in mind when they drew up the bi-level floor plan—nearly as sprawling as Vongerichten's Asian fantasia. For the menu, though, they've just channeled the local Chinese restaurants of their youth, refining dishes like spicy pork with bok choy and General Tso's chicken.Note
The bar and lounge stay open after the kitchen closes every night.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu