Northern Spy Food Co.
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
8th St. to 18th St., Ave. C to Third Ave.
This venue is closed.
A low-key American spot and food shop headed by chef Hadley Schmitt, Northern Spy's seasonal menu champions locally sourced ingredients and sustainable meats, and eggs, poultry, and fish overshadow limited beef and pork options. To drink: draft and bottled beers like Captain Lawrence and Sixpoint and domestic and imported wines from small producers, housemade sodas, and Northern Spy Cider to fit the theme. On the retail side, expect Liddabit Sweets and Plowshares coffee, but also cheeses and grains from upstate. With limited seating and most dishes under $20, they're aiming for a strong takeout and delivery business, and they also stock prepared foods to go.Featured In
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More