Northern Spy Food Co.
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
8th St. to 18th St., Ave. C to Third Ave.
This venue is closed.
A low-key American spot and food shop headed by chef Hadley Schmitt, Northern Spy's seasonal menu champions locally sourced ingredients and sustainable meats, and eggs, poultry, and fish overshadow limited beef and pork options. To drink: draft and bottled beers like Captain Lawrence and Sixpoint and domestic and imported wines from small producers, housemade sodas, and Northern Spy Cider to fit the theme. On the retail side, expect Liddabit Sweets and Plowshares coffee, but also cheeses and grains from upstate. With limited seating and most dishes under $20, they're aiming for a strong takeout and delivery business, and they also stock prepared foods to go.Featured In
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s