Nearby Subway Stops
M, R at Elmhurst Ave.
- Beer and Wine Only
51st Ave. to Roosevelt Ave., 94th St. to Queens Blvd.
Nusara Thai Kitchen might initially strike the adventure-seeking eater as too spiffy to be hardcore. Located in a strip mall (with parking!), the place stands out among its neighbors for its modern, clean look. And while the enormous menu includes exemplary versions of run-of-the-mill Thai fare (tom yum soup, pad Thai, standard mix-and-match curry options), the kitchen also turns out daring specialties. For appetizers, frying is a forte; triangular Chinese-inspired crispy veggie cakes are chive-intensive creations with delightfully glutinous insides. More traditional items like noodle soups, which range from comforting (chicken, duck) to more curious concoctions (beef blood) are not to be missed. And pork lovers should prepare for a pilgrimage, too; crispy pork dishes make brilliant use of arguably the beast’s best part—its skin.Recommended Dishes
Crispy veggie cake, $4.95; num tok noodles, $7.95; crispy pork kra pao, $10.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu