- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 6:30am-8:30pm; Sat, 7am-8pm; Sun, 8am-8pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Sixth Ave.; 1, 2, 3 at 14th St.; F, M at 14th St.
- Great Desserts
- Design Standout
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
O Café owner Fernando Aciar is a Brazilian chef and baker who has peddled his signature pão de mel, or chocolate-coated honey cake, at New Amsterdam Market. Aciar features this and other treats including the cheese bread called pão de queijo, Brazilian coffee, and chocolates sourced from the states of Bahia and Pará. The space has been gut renovated since its former life as Joe Jr.'s and is more green than greasy spoon, incorporating reclaimed materials, recycled lamps, and LED lights.
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam