- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 6:30am-8:30pm; Sat, 7am-8pm; Sun, 8am-8pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Sixth Ave.; 1, 2, 3 at 14th St.; F, M at 14th St.
- Great Desserts
- Design Standout
- Reservations Not Required
- No Alcohol
O Café owner Fernando Aciar is a Brazilian chef and baker who has peddled his signature pão de mel, or chocolate-coated honey cake, at New Amsterdam Market. Aciar features this and other treats including the cheese bread called pão de queijo, Brazilian coffee, and chocolates sourced from the states of Bahia and Pará. The space has been gut renovated since its former life as Joe Jr.'s and is more green than greasy spoon, incorporating reclaimed materials, recycled lamps, and LED lights.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu