Mon-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri, 11am-midnight; Sat-Sun, noon-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
R at Union St.
Smith Street’s Oaxaca has opened a second location on Fourth Avenue near upwardly mobile Gowanus. A manager describes this modest enterprise (just fourteen seats in back and four at a bar) as a sort of stationary taco truck, with tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, and tortas served till the meat runs out (currently till about 11 p.m. on weekdays and 2 a.m. on weekends). Said meat (“the best we can get without killing our bank account”) is delivered twice daily from a commissary, and bread arrives from a bakery in Sunset Park. The menu is the same as Oaxaca’s and, blessedly, so is the BYOB policy.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu