Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Canal St. to 20th St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
The savvy students and the older West Village denizens who pack Okinawa nightly know a good thing—at a good price. The restaurant’s long room has simple tables that abut full-length storefront windows and is softened by cozy red walls and warm wooden paneling. Framed sushi prints and small primary-colored ceiling lanterns add flair. While the standard fare (sashimi, udon, etc.) offers no surprises, dishes are carefully prepared and alluringly presented. Sushi spans an unusual range, from red clam to Spanish mackerel to flying-fish roe. Okinawa’s rendition of beef negimaki is excellent, as is its yakisoba. For those eager to taste a bit of everything, an extremely generous bento box includes heaping helpings of two of your choice of twelve entrees.Recommended Dishes
Seaweed salad, $4.95; beef negimaki, $14.50; yaki soba, $10.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu