Old Devil Moon
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Kids' Menu
- Live Music
- Singles Scene
- Beer and Wine Only
Delancey St. to 16th St., Ave. D to Third Ave.
This venue is closed.
Old Devil Moon has hillbilly chic down pat, with taxidermy wall hangings, strings of lights, and plastic flower garlands—though it sometimes misses the mark when it comes to down-home flavor. Despite bland side dishes like rice hash or mac-and-cheese, generous portions and a laid-back atmosphere attract crowds who chow down on saucy BBQ ribs, fried catfish, and po-boy sandwiches. Vegetarians looking for some Southern comfort will be pleased to discover BBQ tofu and portobello "ribs." Make sure to save room for peanut-butter pie and an assortment of fresh fruit cobblers and pies.Early Bird Dinner
Daily, 5 p.m.–7 p.m., choose one of two entree, one of two pies and PBR or iced tea, $11
Sat.–Sun., 10 a.m.–4 p.m.; first come, first served
Bluegrass music, Wed., 7:30 p.m.–10 p.m.; free
BBQ ribs, $14; cornmeal-crusted fried catfish, $12
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam